Join our team!
Immigration Project Attorney
The Immigration Project Attorney will work with the Nebraska Coalition’s established legal team and the member programs in rural communities across Nebraska to provide legal representation to victims in need of legal immigration services. The Immigration Project Attorney will be responsible to assist immigrant survivors of domestic and sexual violence file for federal humanitarian relief. This will include assisting with VAWA Self-Petitions, U and T Visas, and related applications.
Inclusion: The Nebraska Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and strives to fulfill a liberating work culture. We fully value lived experiences and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, including but not limited to individuals from racially or ethnically diverse communities, Indigenous communities, LGBTQ+ communities, individuals with disabilities, or any historically marginalized community.
· Provide direct legal services to survivors as permitted through the Coalition’s approved projects.
· Enhance the safety planning and support services available through member programs as a collaborative effort to support survivors.
· Assist the legal team in responding to information requests from program advocates on immigration issues, and provide assistance on cases.
· Assist the legal team with training for victim advocates, law enforcement, attorneys, and other service providers.
· Assist with data collection, grant reporting, and grant writing.
· Possess a Juris Doctorate Degree from an ABA accredited law school.
· Is licensed to practice law, in good standing with the licensing body, and eligible for admission into the Nebraska bar.
· Knowledge of domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, and stalking issues, and Nebraska/Federal law in these areas.
· Clear and concise writing skills and experience in the development of legal theories.
· Ability to manage projects and be self-directed.
· Bilingual in Spanish
· Experience with federal immigration law
How to apply:
· Send cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Open until filled.