Fundamentals of Advocacy: Interpersonal Violence & Trafficking Module
This training is one of 5 modules comprising the Coalition’s Fundamentals of Advocacy Training Institute and counts toward the 40 hours of foundational training required of all direct-service staff employed within Nebraska’s network of sexual and domestic violence victim service programs.
This module is open to network DV/SA programs, tribal DV/SA programs, and other Coalition member agencies ONLY.
This module will be held virtually over Zoom. The join link will be sent with your registration confirmation.
TECHNOLOGY ACCESS REQUIREMENTS:
Audio and video participation are REQUIRED for this training.
There is no cost to attend this training.
REGISTRATION OPENS: 2 September 2021
REGISTRATION CLOSES: 17 October 2021
TRAINING SUMMARY & OBJECTIVES:
Through this module, attendees will learn the basic dynamics of intimate partner violence and human trafficking.
1. Attendees will be able to define physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse, force, fraud, and coercion.
2. Attendees will be able to give 3 examples of power & control within an abusive relationship.
3. Attendees will be able to give 2 example of how trauma impacts work with survivors of Domestic Violence (DV), Intimate Partner Sexual Violence (IPSV), and Human Trafficking (HT).
4. Attendees will feel more knowledgeable about working with survivors of DV, IPSV, and HT.
5. Attendees will be able to explain the connection between IPV, trafficking, and other forms of oppression.
Participants must have completed the eLearning course Basics of Advocacy. For instructions on accessing the eLearning course, contact your program director, supervisor, or training specialist.
Participants are required to complete approximately 1 hour of pre-work PRIOR to attending this training. Instructions for accessing and completing the pre-work will be included in your registration confirmation.
If you do not receive registration confirmation within 24 hours of registering for this module, please contact Michelle Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.