Nebraska Engage Lobby Day: An Event for Young Activists
Nebraska Engage is the youth activism wing of the Nebraska Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence. Our purpose is to engage young advocates, promote civic and social engagement, and build meaningful movements across Nebraska that are led by youth activists.
Legislative Day of Action
Join Nebraska Engage and the Nebraska Coalition for the first ever Legislative Day of Action! You will have the opportunity to participate in the policy process, advocate for legislation to advance the anti-violence movement, and act as an ally in the fight to build a safer, more equitable Nebraska.
Whether you are new to taking action at the legislative level, or a seasoned change-maker, you are welcome. This inclusive, experiential event promises to be an educational and exciting experience.
You will meet experienced policy activists, and learn about intersectional policy priorities that are critical to the Nebraska Coalition.
You will hear from two of Nebraska's leading young advocates: Senator Megan Hunt and Senator Adam Morfeld. We will also check in with the young leaders at Dear UNL, a grassroots organization built to fight for meaningful Title IX reform.
When Do We Take Action?
- This event will be held April 5th from 11AM to 2:30PM.
- This is a live, virtual event hosted by the Nebraska Coalition using Zoom.
Am I A Young Activist?
- Nebraska Engage is a youth outreach program that works with high school and college-aged students.
- Our advocates are typically between the ages of 15 and 25.
How Do I Get Involved?
- Follow the link below and you'll be calling for change in no time!
- Registration closes Friday, April 2nd at 5:00PM.
- This event is free and open to the public.
All registrants will receive a Legislative Day of Action packet via mail. We cannot guarantee you will receive this packet prior to the event, dependent on your date of registration. All participants will receive a virtual packet prior to the event.