Human Trafficking (Train-the-Trainer Workshop)
Participants will gain the knowledge and skills to allow them to deliver a 60-minute training on the basic dynamics of human trafficking and considerations for working with survivors. Participants will also receive digital training materials and learning resources.
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Summarize recent anti-trafficking efforts in Nebraska;
2. Discuss the basic dynamics of human trafficking victimization;
3. Use survivor-centered and empowering language when discussing human trafficking;
4. Provide examples of power and control dynamics used by traffickers; and
5. Demonstrate the ability to use the training materials provided.
- Participants will be responsible for ensuring their video and audio equipment work prior to the workshop.
- If you have questions about how to use Zoom, please reach out to the Maddie Walker (contact information listed below) in advance of the workshop.
- Upon completing the TOT workshop, participants will be given access to a DropBox with training materials and other resources.
- Upon completing the workshop, participants will be asked to join the Community Transformation Collective of trainers; in order to maintain membership, trainers must attend two peer-support/resource sharing calls per year and conduct two training sessions per year. - - Upon completing the workshop, participants will be asked to submit a 5 minute video recording of themselves delivering a selection of the sample Human Trafficking 101 presentation. The workshop facilitator (Maddie) will view this recording and participants will receive feedback related to their delivery of the presentation.
The purpose of this exercise is two-fold:
1) to allow participants to become comfortable with presenting via digital platform;
2) to practice skills learned during the TOT workshop. o Please note, this training recording will not be shared with anyone else. Participants will have up to two weeks to submit their recording.
This workshop is FREE to staff and volunteers from tribal sexual and domestic violence programs and sexual and domestic violence programs who are members of the Nebraska Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence.
Registration Deadline: Friday, June 11th