Fundamentals of Advocacy - Module 1 (Youth Services & Technology)
You may register for this training ONLY if you provide direct advocacy to Survivors of Domestic Violence, Sexual Violence, or Human Trafficking.
Fundamentals of Advocacy is a training hosted by the Nebraska Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence which provides an overview of domestic violence, sexual violence, stalking and related issues. There are 5 training Modules which make up the full Fundamentals of Advocacy Training series. Each Module will be 1 day in length and may require PRE-WORK which will need to be completed prior to the face to face training day.
Fundamentals of Advocacy is offered for FREE to staff and volunteers who provide direct services to Survivors from member local domestic and sexual violence programs in Nebraska and staff from tribal domestic violence/sexual assault programs.
If you are an advocate who provides direct services to Survivors and are not a member of the local program membership there will be a $45 REGISTRATION FEE. Please be prepared to pay your registration fee through the website registration process. (Refunds for canceled registrations will only be able to be made until 2 weeks prior to the event. Anything past 2 weeks prior to the training will not be refunded.)
For All registrants all other costs associated with the training are the responsibility of the participant (i.e. mileage, hotel, meals, parking, etc.)
Please plan accordingly as THIS REGISTRATION WILL BE FOR MODULE 1 ONLY.
MODULE 1 will be hosted in Fremont, NE. Please see below for specific details:
1. Understand of the differences and similarities between teen and adult domestic violence relationships.
2. Explain the effects of trauma on children and youth.
3. Explain the advocate’s role in supporting children and youth as secondary victims.
4. Analyze biases and personal values in relation to youth centered services.
5. Demonstrate safety practices when using technology as a survivor and in shelter.
6. Identify the uses of digital forensic evidence.
Training Location: The Bridge | 141 S. Union St. | Fremont, NE 68025
REGISTRATION FOR FUNDAMENTALS MODULE 1 WILL CLOSE MAY 9th.