Webinar Series: At the Intersection: Understanding Substance Use by Survivors of Interpersonal Violence
After this webinar, participants should be able to:
• Explain the correlation between and co-occurrence of substance use and interpersonal violence, including reasons why someone who has experienced interpersonal violence may use substances.
• Describe tactics used by perpetrators of violence that exploit and/or encourage a victim/survivor’s substance use in order to establish and maintain control.
• Describe the impact of substance use on safety and identify strategies for harm reduction.
• Describe similarities and differences between the empowerment model and traditional substance use treatment models and identify strategies for partnering with substance abuse treatment providers.
• Identify strategies for providing trauma-informed program services to survivors who use substances.
To register please go to: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/879478857736183042