Webinar Series: Substance Abuse 101
Join us for a three-part webinar series exploring the intersection of substance use and interpersonal violence!
Substance Abuse 101
The first in a three-part webinar series exploring substance use and interpersonal violence, this webinar will provide a basic overview of substance abuse and addiction, including common drugs of abuse, effects of use, causes of addiction, intervention and treatment approaches, and harm reduction and relapse-prevention strategies. This webinar is open to Nebraska’s network of sexual and domestic violence programs, tribal programs, and allied agencies.
After this webinar, participants will be able to:
• Identify commonly used drugs and their effects, including symptoms of intoxication and withdrawal.
• Identify reasons why individuals may use substances.
• Explain the concepts of abuse and addiction and their causes.
• Describe Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS) and identify coping strategies.
• Explain and identify strategies for harm reduction and relapse-prevention.
• Identify intervention and treatment approaches for individuals with a substance use disorder
Please Register at: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/165808949890680066