Trauma-Informed Care/ ToT Workshop (Network Programs ONLY)
Community Transformation Collective Invites you to attend:
Trauma-Informed Care/Train the Trainer Workshop
September 30th 9:00am-4:00pm CST
Location: Zoom (link will be provided at time of registration)
Who Should Attend: Network Program team members who have an interest in providing training or presentations to their program and/or community partners.
Cost: This workshop is offered for FREE to staff and volunteers from tribal sexual and domestic violence programs and from Network sexual and domestic violence programs who are members of the Coalition.
Trauma-informed care is an approach to engage people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. One of the key components of building organizational capacity for trauma-informed care is through staff development. Staff can benefit from education regarding how trauma affects survivors seeking services, how to create safe environments for persons served, and ways to avoid re-traumatizing practices.
Participants attending this workshop will be prepared to provide a 90-minute Trauma-Informed Care Workshop for Staff/Volunteers/Survivors within their agency or community. Participants will be offered a curriculum designed to offer basic knowledge, skills, and values of trauma-informed care. Participants will also review and practice methods of delivering the information.
Workshop Learning Objectives:
• Understand the history of trauma-informed care training in Nebraska
• Understand how trauma-informed care training fits into advocacy work practices and why it is important
• Review learning styles
• Learn how to prepare, conduct and follow up to training
• Learn strategies and tips for effective training
• Learn to use training materials and resources for training development and practice
• Pre-work will consist of watching a one-hour webinar on trauma-informed care.
• Once participants have completed the TOT workshop, they will be asked to join the Community Transformation Collective of trainers*.
*This membership to a community of trainers will require attending to two peer support/resource sharing calls per year and
conducting two training sessions per year.
• Participants will be asked to attend a Zoom technology testing meeting a few days before the workshop. This brief Zoom meeting will
allow us to test video and audio capabilities. If participants are unable to attend the tech zoom meeting, it will be recorded and sent
out prior to the training. Participants will be responsible for watching the recording prior to the day of the TOT workshop and their
equipment must be working to participant in the training.
• At the end of the workshop, you will receive a certificate for 6.5 CEU (this will include pre-work)
• Additional Train the Trainer workshops will be offered in the future on other topics (Human Trafficking, DV, Childhood DV, SA, etc)
Benefits to Building Training Capacity in Your Program:
• Increases opportunities to promote awareness of your program services.
• Decreases staff compassion fatigue and increases staff retention. Participating in awareness raising events and educational and
outreach efforts can build resiliency in staff who typically provide direct services to clients and who may otherwise become
overwhelmed or discouraged by the constant flow of victims through the door. Working in and with communities, sharing
information and messages of social action and change, can raise hope among all staff.
• Involving all staff in awareness and outreach activities, including one-time educational presentations to groups, would reserve
prevention staff’s time and energy to focus on actual prevention efforts.
• Potential source of revenue.
• Ability to train new staff and board of directors.
• Utilize the information for education groups with survivors.
Registration is required. To Register: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TNRWM2M
Registration Deadline: September 22, 2020
Questions: Kim Carpenter, Service Enhancement Director
This is an offering from the Community Transformation Collective:
Transformation. A process of profound and radical change that orients an organization in a new direction and takes it to an entirely different level of effectiveness.
The Nebraska Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence is transforming and expanding. With a new community training room and new ways to deliver information, the NE Coalition is able to strengthen technical assistance efforts to ensure communities throughout Nebraska have the knowledge and skills necessary to provide effective services to survivors of power-based violence. The Community Transformation Collective is a project of the NE Coalition that focuses on strengthening anti-oppression, anti-violence, and social justice work through knowledge sharing and skill development.