Simple Ways to Save Water
Water is a precious, limited resource that should be used wisely. The earth has its natural cycles of drought and flood, but water has become scarce and many regions are calling upon its citizens to save water in any way possible. If you’ve been following current events, you may have heard California is in an emergency drought state. You can do your little part, which will create ripple effects. Here are 10 ways to conserve water:
- Don’t water your lawn.
- Take 10 minute showers.
- Construct a rainwater basin in your backyard.
- Invest in water conservation high-efficiency appliances.
- Cook food with as little water as possible.
- Put decorative water fountains on a timer.
- Use the garbage disposal sparingly.
- Instead of building a private pool, join a community pool.
- Play less water-involved activities, like a water balloon fight.
- Spread the water-conservation word.